Careers at Simplotel
Simplotel is a Bangalore based SaaS start-up helping over 2,000 hotels across the globe grow their business. The name Simplotel comes from the combination of Simple and Hotel – our mission is to Simplify the life of hoteliers through technology. Our customers are hotels of various sizes. Simplotel was founded in Oct 2013 and is funded by MakeMyTrip.
Position: Director of Engineering
Simplotel is looking for a technology and team leader to join our team as the Director of Engineering. The role is based out of our headquarters in HSR Layout in Bangalore. The Director will keep abreast of technology trends in the industry and will be responsible for Simplotel’s technology vision, strategy and execution – ensuring delivery of products that delight our customers. He or she will be responsible for defining and implementing product definition, design, implementation and QA processes and will build and manage a team of engineers/designers. He or she will also coordinate with other departments in the company to improve internal productivity using technology.
- Build and manage a team of engineers, QA professionals and designers to execute on our technology vision and roadmap.
- Define and manage processes for product definition, design, implementation, QA and launch.
- Ensure high quality and timely delivery of products and projects.
- Manage Tech Ops and Cloud infrastructure for the product.
- Ensure scalability and performance of the SaaS product as we grow the number of customers and users across the globe.
- Work with other departments to improve their productivity.
- Provide technology vision and leadership to the team.
- Keep abreast of industry trends and formulate technology strategy for Simplotel.
- Make good technology and architecture choices.
- Manage bugs and features for implementation.
Skills and Experience
- Seasoned technology and people manager who can build and manage a team of 12-15 designers, engineers and QA professionals. Proven experience building and running technology teams.
- Ability to understand customer requirements and translate them into features that can be executed by the team.
- Demonstrated ability to plan projects, assign resources and manage risks to ensue high quality and timely delivery of projects.
- Demonstrated ability in architecting and building scalable technology products.
- Experience with front end and back end technologies a plus.
- Experience working with Amazon Web Services and multi tenet SaaS platforms a big plus.
- Willingness to work in an unstructured start-up environment.
- Good interpersonal skills to work with people in other departments.
- Excellent energy, passion and strong execution skills.
Please share your profile on firstname.lastname@example.org